We prepared this brief video to show you how we've gone above and beyond to keep you safe when we reopen!
WE TAKE CLEANING VERY SERIOUSLY
Since opening in July 2017, we have always taken cleanliness seriously. We think most of our members know how committed we are to an ultra-clean facility. Now, as we re-open our facility, cleaning is more important than ever. But we're up to the task. In fact, one of our owners, Lou Pereira, owns Preferred Building Maintenance, a cleaning company that has been cleaning hospitals and other essential businesses throughout the pandemic. You can trust us to clean with your safety in mind!
OUR CLEANING AND DISINFECTING STANDARDS
- Our cleaning staff will be cleaning equipment frequently throughout the day, but customers must also wipe down equipment after every use, including free weights. The customer requirement is per the state.
- Each of our cleaning staff will be assigned specific areas to clean and disinfect within the facility to prevent omitting any areas that may need attention.
- Common areas, high transit areas and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected on an ongoing basis.
- Air vents, mats, carpeting, flooring, and desks and workstations will also be cleaned on a continual basis.
- Shared objects, such as exits and entrances and payment devices, will be cleaned after every use.
- In the pool area, all frequently touched surfaces, such as handrails, lounge chairs, workout equipment, door handles, etc will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Food contact areas will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and common areas.
- Employees will routinely wash their hands throughout the day using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cleaning, disinfectant products and/or disposable disinfectant wipes will be available near commonly used surfaces, such as machinery and equipment, free weights and bathrooms.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently, and we will also be using a cleaning log for tracking. We'll continue our practice of cleaning multiple times a day and hourly (or more frequently as needed) during the busier time frames.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING PRODUCTS
We use cleaning products that meet CDC and EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 and are appropriate for the surface. The virus that causes COVID-19 can be killed when you use the right products.
Viking Pure Solutions is a safer, more powerful cleaning option, and we were using it for months before the state mandated closure. Electrolyzed water is recognized as a hospital grade disinfectant and cleaner and has powerful bactericidal, fungicidal, and viricidal properties. It is actually more effective than traditional chemicals at killing bacteria, viruses, and superbugs. But electrolyzed water simply wasn’t practical to use until Viking Pure Solutions patented their e-water process. Viking Pure Solutions can be used around those on oxygen and with breathing issues with no issues or risk. Please feel free to go on their website to learn more: https://vikingpure.com/
We use a proprietary air-assisted electrostatic sprayer (fogger). It is non toxic (so can be used around people) and quickly decontaminates and sanitizes both high traffic areas and hard to reach spaces. We will be "fogging" throughout the day.
We use a HEPA vacuum for the highest level of vacuum-cleaner filtration. As you saw in the video, we use this for all of our vents and other hard to reach areas, as well as our flooring.
Chlorine and COVID-19 According to the CDC, proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19. We filter all 3 pools far above the state mandated requirement. Our new filtration system is filtering 120 gallons a minute, which means the lap pool gets filtered 4 times in 24 hours. This produces a cleaner pool with greater clarity to the water. Our pools are maintained twice a day by Aquila Pools. By law, we keep a daily recorded maintenance chart on all 3 pools. The Health Dept makes periodic visits throughout the year, and all 3 pools are recorded as maintained at a superior level.
We are committed to providing you with a safe experience at our facility! Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding our cleaning protocols!